Information for Students
The ISIC university card is used to identify a student of the particular college and university.
You can use your ISIC for:
- Technical University of Košice building and library entrances
- urban and suburban public transport
- various discounts and benefits at home and abroad.
Accommodation and catering
The dormitory in Budovateľská Street 13, The dormitory in Budovateľská Street 31, Prešov
Accommodation is available in 2-3 bedroom apartments with a private balcony and a separate bathroom in the room. Each floor has a kitchen with a stove, a refrigerator and a microwave. Other services: facilities for sports activities and leisure time, buffet, clubroom, internet.
Accommodation price list and for more information:View more
Budovateľská Street 31, Prešov
Catering is provided in the student canteen in Budovateľská Street 31. It provides services for students and teachers of the Faculty of Manufacturing Technologies from 7.00 a.m. to 3.00 p.m. There is a wide-spread selection of meals (even vegetarian). The advantage is any combination of main courses and garnishes, soups, salads and sweet desserts with the possibility of cash payment.
Catering system for students and full time PhD students:View more
Fees and Charges
All necessary information can be found in PDF format documents.
The EUR ING
The EUR ING (European Engineer / Euroengineer) is a Europe-wide recognized equivalent of technical higher education. It is considered to be a guarantee of the professional and social quality of a European engineer education. The certificate allows the unlimited mobility of engineers in the world and at the same time it addresses the issue of recognition of qualifications between countries in Europe and all over the world.
Graduates of the Faculty of Manufacturing Technologies of the Technical University with the seat in Prešov can apply for this degree. The certificate that proves the quality of education enhances the internship of a graduate in the domestic and foreign labor market as well as offers the opportunity to benefit from the FEANI partner assistance.
Procedure when applying for the EUR ING title:
The applicant must meet the following conditions for applying for the EUR ING title:
- to be a graduate of the faculty of the Slovak Technical University registered in the FEANI index as well as to successfully defend his/her diploma thesis. (This condition is met by any successful graduate of the Faculty of Manufacturing Technologies who completed his/her studies by achieving the degree of "engineer")
- to have minimum two years of valid professional experience
- to speak one of the FEANI languages (English, French, German, Spanish) at the state examination level
The application form for the EUR ING (available at https://www.feani.org/) must be completed by the following documents:
- a copy of the school leaving certificate
- a copy of an engineering diploma obtained at an accredited technical university verified by a notary
- a document confirming that the applicant has pursued the practice in his/her field for at least two years
- a certificate of proficiency in English, French or German, or confirmation about working abroad where one of those languages is used
- note: after approval of the SNKF application, the tenderer is required to pay a fee of 400 EUR for approval and administrative proceedings in Slovakia and Brussels.
- the completed form on engineering practice (https://www.feani.org/feani/eur-ing-title/who-can-and-how-apply-eur-ing-title)
Slovak National Committee FEANI ensure follow-up process to the title.
Study Regulations are obligatory for all students, academic staff and other employees of the Technical University of Košice who study or provide education in accredited study programmes offered at the faculties or at the Technical University of Košice.